Sunday, January 13, 2013

A little bit of history

Ok so yes I love my hot rod mare and soon to be here baby!!! But I'm also head over heels for a certain bay 16.3 thoroughbred boy! I'm so relieved he is mine and will be taken care of now and I can get even further into his re-training now that is in mine :)

But this is where he came from, a kentucky bred thoroughbred originally sold for 70,000 dollars won several stakes races including the woodbine which I have posted a link to :

http://youtu.be/rw3Zl9OiqW8


But what's even cooler is his pedigree he is a great great grandson of secretariat one of the greatest race horses that ever lived, so while I love my other horses it's hard not to stare in awe at a living piece of history! It's so amazing that we came together!














2 comments:

  1. Wow, look at how beautiful Benny is as a racehorse! Bet he'll be even more gorgeous doing jumps!! I just love him, so glad that you ended up having two (soon to be three!!!) babies to love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!! I think it was meant to happen for all of us, I can't wait to start schooling him on jumps I'm betting he will be breathtaking as a jumper and hopefully some light dressage work, so much exciting horse stuff to look forward to!! He has the kindest eyes I've ever seen( besides hot rod of course) :)

    ReplyDelete