Friday, September 6, 2013

World of Warcraft

Since my 6 + year hiatus from the massive online game I've decided to join and start anew! 
So last night while I'm at home sick from strep throat and bronchitis ... Ain't no body got time for that! I chose to begin the task if downloading the change onto my current computer... Alas this was no small feat!
When I had played the game before you popped in a disk waiting for hours as the patching went to work but then finally logged on and played... Well no more! I popped in said disk and then made new battlenet account ( now required) and waited... After a night of horrid log in issues I called blizzard the next day and spoke with "Jason" who helped me solve all those issues and assured me I was close to playing... O.o well what happened you ask?
At 30% completion my computer popped up a window saying corrupted file D: what?! So I called again and spoke with "amber" who went through a checklist and quickly found that by using the disks I was royally fucked! Oh joy but to my delight she said wipe the computer clean from WoW and then download a digital version (allegedly faster) and be playing within the hour, it was 3:05 pm. :/ ok I say and follow her instructions and also find if my friend sends *the scroll of resurrection * we both get huge wonderful in game bonuses ... Yay 

So I have Jenny do this, and accept and am pleased with the benefits we will both receive ... Eventually damnit
At 4:05 pm my download is not complete and I see my account says in big red letters :canceled WELL WTF! >:( 
I quickly call again (third time) and speak with "johnnie" who assures me that it's only because I'm under the new 7 day free trial and it will go away once I'm subscribed after that :/ ok.
At 6:20 my download is at 5% yes that's right fucking 5! But I suppose I should just be happy that I will get to play soon...
But am thankful for the nice support from blizzard employees who had to deal with my 190 questions :) 

So I type this ... Still waiting to join Jenny in Azeroth and to collect my damn pandas hopefully this will speed up and I will be playing shortly ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment