Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A bit 'O Honey

So sorry I've been bad about posting its been a crazy couple if months!

So on June 5th I finally saw a knee doctor to help figure out how to solve my pain issues, I arrived and began waiting to see what this day would bring... Not minutes later my phone rang.

Mandy called and said something was at the barn waiting for me...? The barn? What? My heart began to race as their was only one thing my mind could piece together, but then a sinking dread, Hot Rod isn't due for a couple more weeks it couldn't, shouldn't be the foal.
But it was! She said it looked to be a little filly and both mom and baby looked ok. I went into panic mode and asked Mandy more questions than I can remember, poor girl she was so patient and kind with me as I barraged her with favors, instructions and questions. 

The doctor was taking SO long to see me, I asked repeatedly to be seen as soon as possible due to an emergency occurring ... Nothing after 2.5 hours I finally saw the doctor (which I just had to so my knee would start healing) and then it was off to the races!! I grabbed my dialing kit from the house and made record time to the barn, where Mandy, Brandy and Debra were all waiting and watching the little one. 

I hobbled over and under fences, my knee hurting from the injection, but I had to see her! Tears filled my eyes as my emotions soared into a blissful happiness, there she was! 
Perfect and so small, and palomino!!!

I crawled into the pen tears rolling down my cheek, I talked to her and Hot Rod, then she came towards me... Wondering who and what I was. I touched her velvet soft coat and her muzzle which was like that of a baby bunny. Her little nose was so tiny, all of her was tiny. She was not afraid at all, like she knew who I was all along, and proceeded to give me kisses and love.

I loved her before she even came into this world, and after meeting her, she's more amazing than I could ever imagine, I love all my horses, and my dear Hot Rod did SO well I am so proud of her, but now, my little "Honey" has taken a special place in my heart that can never been removed. 
Welcome to the world little girl, I'm so glad you're here!!





2 comments:

  1. I could read the Foal Birth Story over and over again ... I feel so blessed to have been a part of it! What a little sweetie. I just adore her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The timing was so perfect I'm just so thankful you found them when you did and that everyone was ok :)

    ReplyDelete